Expanding its portfolio in the premium segment, Hero MotorCorp has launched the Hero Xtreme 160R Stealth 2.0 Edition ahead of the festive season. The motorbike has been priced at Rs 1,29,738. The Hero Xtreme 160R Stealth 2.0 Edition comes with updated features and a new paint scheme but remains mechanically unchanged. Here’s everything you need to know about Hero’s latest offering.
Hero Xtreme 160R Stealth 2.0 Edition: What’s new?
The Hero Xtreme 160R now comes with the Hero Connect app which further enhances the riding experience and adds to the safety features. Here are all the alerts that it offers.
- Geo-Fence Alert: The rider will get an alert on the app whenever the motorbike leaves or arrives at the set location.
- Speed Alert: Sends a notification every time the motorbike exceeds the speed limit set by the rider.
- Topple Alert: Sends an app notification and an emergency SMS to the registered mobile number and the emergency contact number if the motorbike topples over.
- Tow Away Alert: Sends a notification to the rider when the motorbike gets towed or moved without authorisation.
- Unplug Alert: Sends an app notification and an SMS to the registered mobile number if the device has been unplugged and there is a need for the driver to intervene.
Apart from the new connectivity features, the Xtreme 160R Stealth 2.0 also gets a new matte black shade with red accents on the telescopic fork, frame, and pillion grip. It also gets knuckle guards, something that wasn’t present in the previous Xtreme 160R versions. The new nelly shroud flows seamlessly with the bike design.
Mechanically, the Hero Xtreme 160R Stealth 2.0 Edition retains the same 163cc air-cooled BS-VI complaint engine found in the previous version. This engine produces a maximum power of 15.2hp and 14Nm peak torque. The motorbike can go from 0-60kmph in just 4.7 seconds.
Suspension duties are handled by a 37mm telescopic fork and a seven-step preload adjustable monoshock. The Xtreme 160R Stealth 2.0 gets 276mm petal disc brakes at the front and 220mm disc at the rear.
Commenting on the launch, Malo Le Masson, Head of Strategy and Global Product Planning, Hero MotoCorp, said, “The Hero Xtreme 160R Stealth edition received a tremendous response from customers, enthusiasts, and experts alike. It instantly became the motorcycle of choice for customers who have a unique style that stands out from the rest of the crowd. This new edition is both Stealth and Smart, with a black livery signed by red accents, for the passionate riders, and our Cloud connected system Connect 1.0, for the tech-savvy consumers. Stealth and smart, this is the Hero Xtreme Stealth 2.0.”
Priced at Rs 1.29 lakh, the Hero Xtreme 160R Stealth 2.0 edition is Rs 7,000 more expensive than the previous version. It rivals the likes of TVT Apache RTR 160 4V, Bajaj Pulsar N160, Suzuki Gixxer, and Yamaha FZ-FI.